Re: minimum space
Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 12:26:56AM +0530, Cheatah 0#@!^ wrote:
wht is the minimum space required to install debian sarge??
You can fit it in under 200 MB, but that is a very bare install.
You can fit Sarge with a desktop onto < 1GB - see
install the base system with the 2.6 kernel (256 MB)
install and test the X-Window System (106MB)
install full Gnome heavyweight desktop (816 MB)
* minimal Gnome heavyweight desktop (242 MB)
* or install full KDE heavyweight desktop (753 MB)
* or install minimal KDE heavyweight desktop (175 MB)
* or install Icewm lightweight desktop (7 MB)
* or install a combination of desktops
install xscreensaver, gdm, synaptic (55 MB)