Re: new to debian but having installation problems

On Sunday 31 December 2006 12:24, Mike Myers wrote:
> Thanks for the tips!  I downloaded the etch cd and it detected my card and
> installed fine.  The only issue now is getting the nvidia driver installed.
> The 'nv' driver doesn't work with my widescreen display at all.  It looks
> like to do this, I need to have a custom kernel so the driver from nvidia
> can build a module for it.  Might there be an easier way to do this?

m-a update
m-a prepare
m-a a-i nvidia

  -> select and load the nvidia module

m-a stands for the module-assistant. The above procedure requires for you to
have contrib non-free (along with main) added to your apt-get mirrors in
the /etc/apt/sources.list

You will need to do this every time you update your kernel.

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Search Accredited Degrees
Browse leading, accredited online degrees. Get free information.