Re: EAC vs. CDPARANOIA

On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 14:57 +0100, sciencisto-debian@yahoo.es wrote:
> Can someone tell to me what of the above programs is better, EAC or
> CDPARANOIA? Anyway, both of them do basically the same things, don't
> they? I read somewhere that it's possible run EAC using wine.
>
> And another question: is there any frontend or GUI for CDPARANOIA?

Hi,

I haven't looked at EAC for a long time, but my guess is that there
isn't much difference between the two.

You can use apt-cache to search for cdparanoia enabled software in
Debian. For example,

 apt-cache search paranoia

Will give you quite a few suggestions, and anyway, most ripper software
in Debian uses, or can use, cdparanoia in one way or another.

The same goes for your question about FLAC, most of the ripper/encoder
software can use FLAC.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson