Re: md5sum.txt corrupted? (Problem installing Debian "Etch" Snapshot 2006-12-11)

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 06:30:01PM +0100, sciencisto-debian@yahoo.es wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I've just finished download the Debian "Etch" weekly-build
> (2006-12-11) and, when I've tried to install Debian, I've got this
> message:
>
> "There was a problem reading data from the CD-ROM. Please make sure
> it is in the drive. If retrying does not work, you should check the
> integrity of your CD-ROM."
>
> In fact, retrying does not work. So I checked out the integrity of
> the dvd containing the Debian Snapshot, and then I received this
> message:
>
> "The ./md5sum.txt file failed the MD5 checksum verification. Your
> CD-ROM or this file may have been corrupted."

How did you check exactly?

> (I've got the above message with the DVD Binary-1 and also with DVD
> Binary-2, which I also checked out.)
>
> Cause I received that message with the DVD Binary-1 and 2, I think
> that there is some kind of problem about this snapshot (besides, the
> downloading of the .iso files was OK, and also the recording on the
> DVD).

How can you tell? Did you use bittorrent or jigdo? Normal ftp/http
downloads can get corrupted, so always check the .iso before burning it.
I will save you a lot of trouble.

> Any idea about what's happening? Is there any solution?

You should check the .iso files (if you still have them). If they are
corrupted you need to download them again, but you should use bittorrent
or jigdo this time.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)