Re: Debian and VMWare

First, make sure you have enough memory (if you assign 512mb to the VM, have at least 512mb available for each instance of the VM you want to run + what you need for your deb install + some spare memory).

Secondly, create the whole disk at once (do not use the ´incremental option´, or however it´s called, which sizes your disk on the fly).

These are the two most important perfomance factors in my experience.

If you take care of this, VM´s will run at about native speed.

Good luck!