firefox: redirects to ualberta ?

Im on Testing, latest updates..

Firefox redirects to www.ualberta.ca on startup?
This issue has been here for the past few updates..

1. Tried looking everywhere, cannot find this address hidden anywhere.
2. Tried removal, purging config, re-installing.. no difference
3. Tried looking the bug reports, cannot find this reported
4. Created a new user, same problem.
5. Deleted ~/.mozilla , same problem.

I have never even visited this address, ever!  Is anyone seeing this
happen on their systems? (well ok I have now.. each time I start
firefox)

What am I missing something here ? Im beginning to think im seeing
things...

The amusing part is even if I choose my own address as the home page, or
set it to blank, this still pops up. In fact the status bar shows...
(connecting to google... and then redirects suddenly to ualberta... )

This happens only on startup.

HELP!

.. maybe I will try the 'unstable' port.. iceweasel...

System:
Firefox: Debian-1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.7-2 / amd64 / testing / kernel - 2.6.18-3

--

with best regards,
Erle Pereira, Systems Consultant