Re: How to sync Handspring Visor under Etch and udev?

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 07:54:39PM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> I have been running Sarge and have had no problem syncing my Visor
> through JPilot.  Just press the sync button on JPilot and then hit the
> hotsync button on the cradle.  That was Sarge, this is Etch.  It doesn't
> work anymore.  I understand that Etch is using udev.  I don't understand
> how to set up the udev rules so that everything will work as before.  I
> have spent the last day on Google.  I have been to /. and to
> linuxquestions.  I have found the following, or its near equivalent in a
> few places:

I had a similar experience when I upgraded on Ubuntu to Dapper using my
Sony Clié.  The problem was solved by installing coldsync.  It might not
solve your problem but it is worth a try.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD; thou art my trust
      from my youth."               Psalms 71:5