Re: xorg 7.1.1 upgrade problem

> Took me a few days but finally got the 100+Meg update completed and
> now find I don't have a working X anymore.  Actually it 'might' be
> working but I can't see it working because the screen is black but
> the log shows..

Hi,

A few suggestions, apologies in advance if you already have tried
all this... :-)

Can you provide the full log from X?

Do you think this is similar to bug 394687[0]?

Have you tried to dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and see if it helps?
(Make a backup copy of xorg.conf first!) I seem to remember having
to do so after after an X upgrade some time ago.

Have you tried reconfiguring X to use the vesa driver for the time
being?

Have you considered contacting / filing a bug with upstream directly
about this? Try Bugzilla[1] or their mailing list[2].

I hope one of the above suggestions can help,

0. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=394687
1. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/