Re: bulk mailer

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 07:50:07AM -0600, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> I found in the Debian archive a package named "libmail-bulkmail-perl".

The "lib" at the start means it's a library.  You haven't installed a
program, you've installed a collection of predefined functions which can
be used to write your own programs (in Perl, as indicated by the "-perl"
at the end).

Unless you're looking to write your own mailing list management
software, I suggest installing Mailman and using that if you need a
full-featured mailing list system.  (If you can get by with just a simple
redirector, you could use an alias (in /etc/aliases) or a dummy account
with a .forward file containing all the list members' addresses, but
either of those options would probably be more work in the long run than
using Mailman.)

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty
than those attending too small degree of it.