Re: /dev/md0 don't start after controller change

On 12/7/06, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
also sprach Andrea Ganduglia <nonews.org@gmail.com> [2006.12.07.1432 +0400]:
> How can I fix superblocks informations? Consider that /dev/md0 is
> mounted on root partitions (/).

mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/sd[cde]1

should work. Your components got bumped from the array after they
were marked failed and the superblock went out of date. Hence, just
readd them.

Mumble... It's the first thing that I do, but after reboot
informations are lost. Now I done:

mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/sdc1

and operations was completed without errors. If I type

mdadm -E /dev/sdc1

  0     0       8        1        0      active sync   /dev/sda1
  1     1       8       17        1      active sync   /dev/sdb1
  2     2       8       33        2      active sync   /dev/sdc1
  3     3       0        0        3      faulty removed
  4     4       0        0        4      faulty removed

before and AFTER reboot while same command on /dev/sda1 said same
result before reboot but this AFTER reboot

  0     0       8        1        0      active sync   /dev/sda1
  1     1       8       17        1      active sync   /dev/sdb1
  2     2       0        0        2      faulty removed
  3     3       0        0        3      faulty removed
  4     4       0        0        4      faulty removed

In some way /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 lost information about --add
option after any reboot. :-(

--
Openclose.it - Idee per il software libero
http://www.openclose.it