Re: opening URLs in Firefox from Thunderbird using upstream programs

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 05:38:33PM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> I am running Etch and want to continue to use the branded Firefox (2.0)
> and Thunderbird.  I do not want to switch to Icedove and IceWeasel.  I
> have been running the upstream Firefox 2.0 for a while, now, with no
> problems.  When I switched from debian-thunderbird to the upstream
> version (1.5.0.8) urls stopped opening in firefox.  They have, in fact,
> stopped opening in anything.
>
> I have made sure that /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser is pointing to the
> proper firefox binary and I don't know what else to check.  I can not
> find any configuration option, or preference, that says where links
> should open, only where html attachments should open.  Can anyone tell
> me what I am missing?

Have you tried going into Firefox preferences and setting Firefox as the
default browser again?  When things got messed for me (using Debian
version on Sarge), I did that and everything went back to opening in
Firefox again.

Regards,

-Roberto

--