Re: High Availability E-Mail Solution? Seeking Recommendations

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 05:44:57PM +0800, Tim Post wrote:

> If you had 3 - 5 dual core opterons, all having a public (10/100) and
> private (gig-e) nic [ private being connected to an isolated gig
> switch ] that you could devote to trying to make an 'armored' MX
> cluster.. what would you use?

Cyrus.  It can be a pain to admin, but I have heard of Cyrus installs
scaling to hundreds of thousands of users.  IIRC, Cyrus has both an IMAP
server and an SMTP server.  Of course, you could also use postfix or
sendmail.

Regards,

-Roberto

--