SOLVED: Re: how to convert DVD to something uploadable to youtube?

  thanks to all who responded, in the end here's what I used:

  dvdrip to rip dvd (got *vob files)

mencoder (see the command line quoted below, I just changed the scale=352:288 to be as close as possible to 320x240 which youtube.com wants, keeping the same x to y ratio as original vob file)

  avidemux to cut the avi

(there were quite a few failed attempts, using different codes/programs etc. so hope this will help...)

	erik