Re: How to install Google Notebook on Iceweasel?

On 12/3/06, Jianwei Xie <xieqi.org@gmail.com> wrote:
I cannot see the "Agree and Install" Button. Actually, it appeared for
only less than one second (I saw it several times) and then became the
following text:
Google Notebook is only available for Firefox and Internet Explorer at
this time. You can download Firefox  here
I guess the code of browser-check cannot recognize the iceweasel is
just firefox.

Does the User Agent Switcher extension work with Iceweasel?  If so, you may be able to fool Google.  I fool my bank all the time - it only "supports" Netscape and IE, but Firefox works just fine when pretending to be Netscape.

(Incidentally, I'm on a Debian Etch/testing system and Firefox is still Firefox  (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060830 Firefox/1.5.0.7 (Debian-1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.7-2 )); Iceweasel is nowhere to be found.  Have I missed something?)

Patrick