Re: Happy success with LVM and RAID

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 06:03:44PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:
} On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 10:27:27AM -0500, Gregory Seidman wrote:
} > Buried in this is a little bit of grumpiness, but only a little. See if you
} > can find it. Mainly, this is about a success that I thought was worth
} > sharing.
} ....
} > In summary, I've been having success managing my home digital storage with
} > Debian GNU/Linux on PPC since around 1999, and the only hiccups have been
} > broken hardware (dead motherboard, non-compliant firewire enclosures) and
} > endianness issues. Not bad.
} >
} > --Greg
}
} This juggling to keep all the balls (disks) in the air sounds familiar.
} Non-partisan caution: before you settle on Reiserfs, read some recent
} threads about Reiserfsck and Reiserfs vs JFS.  I went to JFS when
} Reiserfsck fscked up my drives.  Never had a problem with JFS despite
} many power failures.

As long as ext3 serves my purposes (and so far it has), I'll stick with it.
I have no present need for reiserfs or JFS or XFS.

} Doug.
--Greg