Re: GPL X-rays

On Sunday 03 December 2006 21:13, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> > It seems this format is called DICOM, and a google search finds
> > several
> > applications claiming to be "free". I haven't looked any closer to see
> > if they actually are free software or simply gratis.
>
> Of course, I forgot the most obvious... a simple "apt-cache search
> dicom" shows several packages for this.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is apparently a very well-developed
technology for medical networking and such.

So I tried off Sid medcon (command line converter) and xmedcon (with GUI and
viewer). Segmentation faults, probably in common library used by the two
programs. Will try some of the stuff on google.

Meanwhile, got a jpg off the qemu session. The program will not display images
under WINE.