Re: Mozilla resolving host problem

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 01:35:34PM -0500, David Shultz wrote:
> Whenever  I browse any website, mozilla says
> "Resolving www.google.com" and waits for about
> 15 seconds to resolve the host. I've disabled
> ipv6 but the problem is still there. Also I've
> checked the isp nameserver and they are fine.
> Does anyone has the same problem?

I'm not sure what the problem is.

Presumably, your startup page is set to www.google.com.  I have mine set
to my home directory.

I'm on slow dialup.  Every time any browser goes to a new page (even if
its been there before) it has to resolve it.  Very annoying.

If this is the problem, you could install a caching name server that
would give a faster response.

Doug.