evolution vs firebird (or mozilla calendar)

I have been trying out evolution for a few months now, mainly as task manager or calendar application (appointments, schedules, etc.). However, it appears that it is not possible to keep two location in sync as far as the Evolution calendar goes (home (Debian Etch) and university (Ubuntu)). I am now thinking of trying out mozilla calendars (firebird?). I guess that it has a calendar export feature, which I haven't been able to find in evolution.

So, is evolution crippled when it comes to trying to copy one calendar data to another location? Or am I missing something here.

And, for scheduls and appointments, is there any other application in Linux which I can use and which allows data to be synced (or exported) between two locations?

(Also, I do not want to have a calendar server running anywhere at all.)

thanks,
->HS