Re: Media player

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 19:49 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> I hadn't seen it before, but now that I have glanced at it, I don't
> believe it has relevance for me as my system sounds work and until I
> started trying to get .mp3 working, both Rythmbox, Goobox, etc. worked
> fine, but could only rip .ogg files.

[..]

> ** (goobox:4805): WARNING **: No GConf default audio sink key and
> osssink doesn't work

From this, I'm guessing that you're running the GNOME sound server, esd,
and for some reason GStreamer isn't set up using esd or autodetect.

Make sure gstreamer0.10-esd and gstreamer0.8-esd are installed. (Running
dpkg  -l packagename from a terminal should show this.)

Launch gstreamer-properties and try setting Audio Output to Autodetect
or esd (or esound, not sure what it's called).

If none of the above works, please run
gconftool-2 --get /system/gstreamer/0.8/default/audiosink
and
gconftool-2 --get /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink
from a terminal and paste the output in a mail back to the list.

Hope this helps,

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson