Re: homepage in konqueror

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 00:24 -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Anyone know how I can get konqueror to start up with google.ca, instead
> of this irritating "Konqueror:  Conquer your desktop!" page that keeps
> popping up?

Settings >> Configure Konqueror

Change it and hit apply

> I changed the homepage setting, but when I start it, I
> still get the irritating, practically an advertisement, cover page.

Did you hit apply / save? You should not even need to restart Konqueror.
Just click on the home icon once you have applied your settings.

As for the advertisement since its a free open source product I don't
really see why its so annoying to you. Its not like someone is trying to
sell you something, you're looking at the default browser that you
(yourself) installed - lighten up :)