Re: centralized location for contacts

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:35 +0000, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
wrote:
> Em Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:12:15 -0600, Owen Heisler escreveu:
> > I've tried using slapd
> > for a LDAP server, but this seems like overkill and has yet to work right
> > anyway (I always get errors).
>
> 	This would be the right solution.  You just have to debug your slapd.

Oh.  Well, then, is slapd the only LDAP server in Debian?  (think so, I
looked)

Then is it possible to set up slapd to use the regular /etc/shadow for
passwords?  One of the errors I get a lot is invalid credentials.

Second, is it possible to connect to the LDAP server without putting
anything in it, like with a GUI like lat or luma?  Or do I have to put
some records in it first?

I'll try to do some reading about LDAP in general too, but I've tried
several different HOWTOs without success.