Re: timezone and clock error

Chris Bannister <mockingbird@ihug.co.nz>:
> > On 2006-11-02, Dean Allen Provins wrote:
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > It seems that the PC clocks here in Alberta are still on daylight
> > > savings time.  This is odd as Alberta's clocks switched back last
> > > weekend.
> > >
> > > /etc/timezone contains:
> > >
> > > Canada/Mountain
> > >
> > > Anyone know how to fix them?
>
>  apt-cache policy tzdata
>  tzdata:
>    Installed: 2006l-1
>    Candidate: 2006l-1
>  [..]

(0) heretic /home/keeling_ apt-cache policy locales
locales:
  Installed: 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge4
  Candidate: 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge4
  Version Table:
 *** 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge4 0
        500 http://debian.uchicago.edu sarge/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

This is Sarge/stable.  There is no tzdata package.

>  tzdata is designed to allow for changes in time zone data. You don't say
>  whether you are running Sarge Etch or Sid. Its available in Etch, not
>  sure about Sarge. Maybe it needs updated?

Better yet, find out what he's done wrong.  I'm in Alberta, and mine
picked up the change correctly.  Also, look into /etc/default/rcS, and
tzconfig.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html