Re: the look of the bash

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:45:02AM +0100, Kay Smarczewski wrote:
> > As far as the cursor (which I was wondering if I could change my
> > self).
> > /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.8/Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt.gz
> >
> > I tried the examples (underline,block and solid block) in one of my
> > consoles and they worked here.
> I just don't have this documentation :(

apt-cache search kernel-doc

> Thank you for your ideas!

I have been playing round with screen fonts.
Do the following as root:
vim /etc/console-tools/config

#
# This files tells the console-tools package:
[heavy snipping]
# Turn on numlock by default
#LEDS=+num

#APP_CHARSET_MAP=iso15
#APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc1=iso15
#APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc2=iso15
#APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc3=iso15
#APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc4=iso15
#APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc5=iso15
#APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc6=iso15
#SCREEN_FONT=lat0-sun16
SCREEN_FONT=LatArCyrHeb-19

Try replacing "LatArCyrHeb-19" with the various ones available in:
/usr/share/consolefonts

Don't forget to "/etc/init.d/console-screen.sh force-reload" to see the
changes take effect (affect?).

Certain fonts dont display dialog programs too well, e.g. calendar2

--
Chris.
======