Display is jerky...........

My screen jumps about and in my /var/log/Xorg.0.log I have this line:-

(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

I am wondering if someone might tell me what this means?
This laptop has had no problems previously.

There was a reference about this in Ubuntu and that this should be added to
the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:-

Section "Extensions"
        Option          "Composite"      "0"
EndSection