Re: compiling programs in debian way

On 11/02/06 15:05, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am running sarge, and I am going to compile a program which is not in
> sarge but in testing. I have downloaded the source file together with
> the *.diff file from the ftp.debian.org site. I have installed all the
> required *-dev dependences (the sarge version of them) too. I would like
> to learn about the steps in order to make a deb package of the program,
> in particular, how to deal with the *.diff file. Where can I find a
> "compiling programs in debian way for dummies" reference?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help

$ wajig show debian-builder
Package: debian-builder
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 136
Maintainer: Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.6
Depends: perl, perl-modules, build-essential, devscripts, dpkg-dev
Filename: pool/main/d/debian-builder/debian-builder_1.6_all.deb
Size: 14750
MD5sum: 25acd919751fefcb8a9918a56f7bc2df
SHA1: 51b55615948a01a9a22b46e6be4e3c2e52f30b14
SHA256: 2e58957cc7e769a32065597a865030cad0f59eb44b6f7c17afa9cb233c81668f
 This is a simple tool which is designed to allow a local
 administrator to rebuild individual Debian packages from
 their source code.
 .
 With the aid of a few included wrapper scripts this allows
 automatically rebuilding a package and all its dependencies.
 .
 Note: This software is not designed to enhance your installation
 by producing optimized binaries, however this may be achieved
 with the aid of companion packages such as 'pentium-builder',
 or 'athlon-builder'.
 .
 The prime purpose of this package is to ease the testing of
 compiler patches such as the Stack Smashing Protection patch
 available from IBM.
Tag: suite::debian

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.