Re: mkinitrd question

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 07:13 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,

> FATAL: Module suspend2ui_fbsplash not found.
> FATAL: Module suspend2ui_text not found.
> FATAL: Module suspend2ui_usplash not found.
>
> Question:
>
> These are "user built" modules and not kernel built modules, they don't
> even have the right .ko extensions, how do you make an image that
> includes them?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hugo

Did you try insmod in linuxrc? Looks like you kept the initrd source
files but you should be able to just mount the initrd itself as a loop /
cramfs and make the edits.

I would think its the same as custom drivers you'd load in dumbed down
custom kiosk machines, that's how I ended up doing it. Sort of a duct
tape and bubble gum approach but whatever works :)

Best,
-Tim