Re: GPL Parental Controls

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 10:35:48AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> "Infinitely opening windows" != "the NY Times popping open a
> 'sidebar' window".  And there are lots of sites that do that.  Too
> many to whitelist.

NYT pops up a sidebar window?  Huh, hadn't noticed...  I have all my
browsers configured to block popups and NYT seems to work well enough
without it that I've never suspected anything was missing.

I very, very rarely (as in once or twice a year, if that) run across
sites that actually won't work without their popups and I tend to deal
with that by using the Mozilla Preferences Toolbar plugin, which gives
you a configurable toolbar to control the browser configuration.  Hit a
site that needs popups?  Click the 'allow popups' checkbox, do what you
need to with the site, click the box again to turn them off.  Easy as
that.

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty
than those attending too small degree of it.