Re: Progrees meter in scp

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 01:05:19PM -0300, Debian User wrote:
> But I have that to transfer 8000 archives, necessary to have a statistics of
> the total progress. Old scp had a bar of total progress, now does not have
> more. :-(

rsync will do that for you.

rsync -aP [source directory] [dest directory]

If your files are highly compressible, and not too large
(where 'too large' is probably defined by the amount of
memory you have), you can use the -z flag as well; this will
compress your files before they go over wire, and save you
even more time.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org