Re: gxine and real on BBC radio

Sven Arvidsson wrote:

>> [snip]
>
> MPlayer (without w32codecs) plays BBC Radio 4 fine. AFAIK, ffmpeg has
> successfully reverse engineered RealAudio.
>
> I simply use mplayer rtsp://... or mplayer -playlist http://....

Many thanks for the tip! Does it mean that if you install ffmeg you could
listen to BBC4 RealAudio streams with Gxine instead of Mplayer?

 I like Mplayer for its versatility but the sound doesn't seem as good as in
VLC or Gxine. I'd like to keep my Debian install small (I have a small 8GB
HD on which debian and xubuntu are installed and some room is left for
Puppy, my next install).

cheers,
libre fan