Pinning libstdc++6 does not work ...

Because of Debian bug 386121
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=386121) I cannot
update to a later version of libstdc++6 than 4.1.1-11 and need to
"hold" this package version. In the past I just didn't update at all,
but I'd like to update other packages now.

I have put the following in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: libstdc++6
Pin: version 4.1.1-11
Pin-Priority: 1001

But then, when trying to do an update from within aptitude, it still
wants to replace this libstdc++6 version with a later one. If I "hold"
libstdc++6 in aptitude, I get over 50 broken packages and cannot
resolve them manually.

What's the way to go if I want to pin libstdc++6 4.1.1-11 and all
dependent packages, but being able to update other packages?

--
Stefan Bellon