Re: thunderbird issue

On 09/28/2006 09:21 PM, Mark Grieveson wrote:
I use the Thunderbird email client. Sometimes I can't read the messages in the Debian User Digest emails, because the pane showing the attachments is so large that it presents just a tiny slit for displaying the message (the attachment pane crowds out the message display pane). I've tried resizing the pane, but to no avail. If anyone knows how I can solve this, I'd appreciate it.

Mark

Thanks.  I did as you said, and got the answer, which was, for the record:

"You may use this code

put this code in userChrome.css file ( your Thunderbird profile
folder >chrome>userChrome.css )

/* Attachment pane at bottom of message window */
#attachmentView {
height: auto !important;
min-height: 90px !important;
overflow: auto !important; }

you may change 90px to any other suitable value."

I had to create the chrome directory in the suitable spot, that being "/home/mark/.mozilla-thunderbird/utzhav93.default/chrome", and then create the userChrome.css file. It works quite well. The attachment pane listing is now reasonably sized, and comes with a sliding bar when the listings cannot all be included in the space allotted for viewing.

Mark