Re: Using XINE to play a DVD ISO Image?

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 08:35 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:08:07AM -0700, Scarletdown wrote:
> > Is there any way to possibly play a DVD ISO as if it was an actual
> > physical DVD using XINE?  I can mount the ISO easy enough.  For my test,
> > I did:
> >
> Try running it like this:
>
> xine dvd:///path/to.iso

That worked.  Thanks.  It's too bad there doesn't seem to be a way to do
it from the GUI though.  But, for tis particular purpose, it's good
enough.  Also, I discovered that this also works with VLC, and it can be
done there without having to resort to the command line.

I'm actually becoming more and more impressed with VLC too.  I may go
ahead and make it my preferred media player.