Re: making a huge fileserver

Hernán Freschi wrote:
Well... the problem is, of course, where do I put 1TB of data while I add the new disk :). I was thinking of just take the risk and do it. I was trying to get a tape backup unit. Tapes for 400/800GB are cheap, the problem is getting the tape backup unit. I saw some on ebay but they only sell to the US (and I'm not US-based). A tape backup unit costs US$ 2500 here in Argentina.
Few ideas:
1. You could also try to setup NFS (network file system) with several computers.

2. Also, you can have all disk as different partitions :
/hd1
/hd2
/hd3
etc.
and use it as different folders.

Do you need all data to be in one directory? I guess no.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://www.online-utility.org http://www.cheapvps.info