X doesn't work after apt-get upgrade (unstable)

Hello,
After apt-get upgrade (unstable), startx fails with the message:
Could not init font path element unix: 7100, removing from list!
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
X10 fatal IO error 104 Connection reset by peer on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 know processed) with 0 events remaining.

to fix the problem  I ran: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
and I changed the section InputDevice with the values of the old
xorg.conf, in my case:
Option "Device" /dev/ttyS0 ( instead /dev/input/mice which deosn't exist mice is in /dev/.static/dev/input/mice now ) Option "Protocol" "MouseSystems" ( instead "EXplorerPS/2" or ImPS/2" )
Hope this helps the other upgraders ...
--
Gérard