Re: apt failure

Þann 2006-10-01, 08:56:58 (+0000) skrifaði Francesco Pietra:
> With Debian etch i386 I am faced by a known issue that I met for the first
> time after an apt-get upgrade:
>
> Unable to parse package file /var/lib/dpkg/status (1)
>
> To my apt.conf
> APT::Authenticaction::TrustCDROM "true";
> Acquire::http::Proxy "false"
>
> I added
> APT::Cache-Limit 25165824
>
> suggested on internet, which did not help, however.
>
> Unable to check my version of APT, suppose it is 0.6.46. Someone said
> downgrade to 0.6.45 (where to find that, which backport?)
>
> Any better idea?
>

> Not checked on the amd64 machine (yesterday apt-get was working; now
> performing calculation, better do not disturb)
>
> Thanks for advice
>
> francesco pietra

Hi Francesco

I think this was addressed in another thread on this list just
yesterday or the day before that and there was a link to backports
(dont remember the link unfortunately), have a look though the archive
of this list (found on lists.debian.org).

HTH

Oli