Re: Hey, Steve! (WAS: Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon)

On Thursday 24 August 2006 13:04, Chris Mattern wrote:

> No.  Paul has no idea what the hell he's talking about.  Most electoral
> college members are bound by state law to vote for the presidential
> candidate they were elected to vote for.

So "less than half" suddenly constitutes a majority?  I'm sorry, did you say
you worked for Ohio or Florida's Department of Elections?

> Even the ones not so bound
> vote as they're supposed to.  There has been only a handful of
> exceptions to this rule ever, and none has ever changed the result of
> an election.

Apparently "only a handful" equals 158 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College#Faithless_electors

--
Paul Johnson