Re: SOLVED! Re: Sid: Really strange network address stuff

Curt Howland wrote:

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 10:27, Scott Reese <sreese@indianaheart.org> was heard to say:
You may have zeroconf installed (one of the desktop packages
recommends it for no good reason). Purge it.

Sure enough, zeroconf was installed. It is now purged, and the DHCP address is remaining the one retrieved by DHCP.

Many thanks! I hope the other folks with this problem see this email.

I've seen a number of people burned by this.
Can the installation come with a large red label
'WARNING: Real life dead unboned frog'
or something to that effect to avoid this confusion in the future?