Re: Xorg and fonts problem :-(

Marco:

> No, I have first installed Sarge and after I have upgraded my linux box
> to Etch with
> apt-get dist-upgrade command

It probably would have been better if you had uses aptitude (it's the
recommended way for upgrades since woody->sarge), but I don't know
whether that would have saved you from your trouble.

> >$ grep FontPath /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> >        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
> >        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
> >        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"
>
> I have try with your fonts paths, but the problem persists.

Which problem exactly? Is it just some error messages in your log file
without any apparent effect?

> I don't have TTF or OTF folders in my linux box :-(
> # updatedb
> # locate TTF

The files have a lowercase extension, but well.

> I have only CID folder in "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"

That's strange (at least if etch uses the same font paths as sid
currently, which is what I think it does).

What font packages do you have installed? Try
$ dpkg -l xfonts-\* | grep ^ii

You should have at least xfonts-base and xfonts-{100,75}dpi and probably
xfonts-scalable, too.

J.
--
Whenever I hear the word 'art' I reach for my visa card.
[Agree]   [Disagree]