Re: Error opening security policy file

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 17:56:11 +0200, Marco wrote:
> Mathias Brodala ha scritto:
> >>Could you help me to fix this error message?
> >>
> >What is the SecurityPolicy file?
> >
> >Maybe a reinstall of ???xserver-common??? is enough? The mentioned file
> >belongs to that package.
> >
> Hi Mathias,
> I have try to reinstall the xserver-common package but this package
> don't exist in testing! :-((
>
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xserver-common&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
>
> #dpkg -l |grep xserver-common
> (nothing)
>
> Any idea? ( I use Xorg)

The bug is known and still open:

If you have an "old" installation then you will still have the
SecurityPolicy file which came from the xserver-common package. This
package is currently only in Sarge. Etch and Sid systems had this
package removed when the transition to Xorg happened; the SecurityPolicy
file was left in place because it is marked as a configuration file.
Etch systems which were newly installed after the Xorg transition do not
have the file and you cannot install xserver-common anymore on Etch
without causing trouble.

--
Regards,
          Florian