Re: How to create autorunning CD?

Sorry, for the late answer, but found your Message today
in my PostgreSQL database after searching something...

Am 2006-07-12 05:44:02, schrieb Indraveni:
> Hi,
>
>  I want to know how to create an autorunning CD in Linux especially
> debian Linux. As soon as I insert the CD it opens up in a browser in
> my system but along with this i also want a script to run
> automatically or some html page should open.. Like in windows we
> create this using autorun.inf file is there any method to do in Linux.
>
> Can anyone give me any ideas about this sort of work pleaese?

I do this too, but checking devices for mounts are resource itensive.

So you can write a script which check all 5 seconds (like Winsuck)
whether there is a CD mounted. and if yes, it looks in the root for the
file "autorun.inf". If it is found it read the contents and execute it.
The contents of such files are:

    [autorun]
    OPEN=autorun.bat
    ICON=pics/run_me.ico

OK, OPEN must not be an executable and can be a HTML file or something
else which use a mime.types entry for execution.

I hope this helps...

Since I have allready done this, there is a tool to get the CD-ID.  So
you can catch it and test it agains a whitlist provided by yourself and
only CD's listed in this Whitelist can autorun automaticaly.

If there is more interest, maybe I can update my horrible script to use
Xdialog for userfriendly adding of new CD-ID's

But I will not do the job, IF no one is interested

Please note, that I am coding grafical interfaces using (X)dialog for
existing tools (like xset, xmodmap, ...) but for users not using the
munsters of KDE and GNOME...

And sorry, because lake of money, I have currently no Intenet@Home and
my website is down...

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)