Re: terminal true type fonts

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 10:16:40AM EDT, Dimitar Vukman wrote:

> Aloha!
>
> I'd like to use M$ "Comic Sans" font in aterm. I've tried a few things
> that came to my mind, but none worked. I've tried adding path to xfs's
> confing, getting xfstt up and running. I guess that xfontsel or
> gtkfontsel should pick up all fonts avaliable and since I haven't seen
> M$ fonts anywhere I guess it doesen't work this way. Of course, I've
> installed M$ fonts and can use them in ie openoffice.
>
> So, what is needed to get those fonts working in terminal?

Did you try:

$ aterm -fn "-microsoft-comic sans ms-medium-r-normal-*-0-0-0-0-*-0-*-1"

.. works here ..

Don't know why xfontsel doesn't find them.

Aren't they listed when you issue a:

$ xlsfonts | grep comic

How did you install them?

Did you install the msttcorefonts package?

I don't remember having to do anything else to have X recognize them.

Thanks

cga