Re: Pre-installed Debian: two questions

On Monday 14 August 2006 04:55 pm,  Joe Indigo <joe.indigo@gmail.com> wrote:

> > My second question is about the dealer I am leaning towards:
> > SW Technology at http://www.swt.com Can anyone provide feedback
> > about them?

I have purchased a tower and a laptop from them, both with sarge installed.
When I received the tower something was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on
it.  Turns out the video card was incompatible with the motherboard.  They
diagnosed the problem (after several false starts) and I returned the box to
them, they fixed it and returned it with no arguments.  It now works fine but
I have never been able to get sound to work.  They haven't been able to help
with that, and since I don't need sound, I haven't pursued it.  I suspect a
kernel problem (now using 2.6.14.3).

The laptop was fine, but so far I haven't gotten it to suspend to disk (i.e.
sleep).

Knowing what I know now, I would probably buy an IBM or HP box with Debian
installed.

Pete
--
Peter Stoddard - GnuPG 4A1F5DA0