Any kmobiletools users out there? (was: Mobile phone management utility)

In order to to read phonebook and sms from my mobile phone,
I'm trying now with kmobiletools after having no success with
gammu, gnokii, obexftp.

I freshly installed kmobiletools-0.4.3.3.tar.bz2,
but it does not seem to see the phone at all.
I tried with a Nokia 6630 and also with a Motorola c350,
plugged to the PC with USB cable, on the /dev/ttyACM0 port.

Any kmobiletools users out there who can provide help?
The kmobile mailing list is still at July 2005.

Thanks,
Rodolfo