Re: how to get package list

On Saturday 12 August 2006 10:34 am, Jabka Atu wrote:
> H0wdy...
>
> i need to create a backup of my system but i don't want to copy all the
> progs (i need only the package list).

"dpkg -l | awk '{print $2}' > /path/to/output/dpkg-filelist"

Sample output looks like :

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems
Name

a2ps
a52dec

--
The reason I don't use Gnome: every single other window manager I know of
is very powerfully extensible, where you can switch actions to different