Re: FW: Apache2 Manhattan Virtual Classroom

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 03:23:59AM -0400, Cary Pembleton wrote:
> Hi Simo,
> Thanks for the help. I am just going to back up to an old RedHat 9 and
> Apache 1.whatever. I have wasted far too much time fooling around with
> Debian and Apache 2, it's a matter of how much lost time is really costing
> me. I just do not have the luxury to do it. I have rebuilt Debian 3.1 4
> times now and each time I try to make any changes what so ever to Apache2 it
> just breaks the whole damn OS. Perhaps at my age and road mileage I am just
> unable to "get it". So, thanks again. I really did follow your last email to
> the letter, I printed it out and typed out each step. This last time I tried
> it with Manhattan VC being the only site served by the Server and still
> nothing. Once you remove the 000_default out of Apache2 it seems nothing
> will work right after that. So, I am at a total loss as to what the deal is.
> I actually had it working 2 nights ago, but when I logged out from one of
> the classrooms I created in the Administration tutorial as a teacher, I was
> not redirected back to the teacher login screen. I checked into this and I
> was told the ServerName directive was either wrong or not set. Well I never
> found a ServerName directive in any file dealing with Apache 2. It seems odd
> though, for the administrator of the ManhattanVC the redirect back worked
> fine,
> Thanks,
>
> Cary Pembleton
> IT Consultant
> PC Tech Help, LLC
> 32 Cove Lane
> Campbellsville, KY 42718
> (270) 789-0187 Office
> http://www.pctechhelp.net

Sorry to hear it does not work :(

The ServerName directive _is_ in the manhat-file, which you linked from
the /etc/apache2/sites-available/ to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

From my earlier email:
> # Make sure that you put your real servername here
>   ServerName www.manhat.yourdomain.com

I trust that you have adapted the files into your system, i.e. changed
all the 'xxx.yyy.zzz.www' to the _real_ ip-adress and all the
'yourdomain.com' to the _real_ domain name.

Also, the MVC custom.h file has the '#define EXIT_URL', which you need
to adapt to your system. This has nothing to do with Debian, as it's
a MVC customization feature.

And please, no CC necessary :)

All the best
Simo