Re: debian

Miles Fidelman wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:

I would just like to add that since you're install it on an Intel-based
machine, the "i386" architechture would be a safe bet.

With two caveats: I recently used the i386 installer to install on a 686-based server with SATA drives and 4gig of memory:

- during the install, I had to use "linux26" (loading the 2.6 kernel) to recognize the SATA disks

- afterwards, I had to download and install the 686 version of the kernel in order to recognize memory above 1gig

So.. if either of those apply to you, take note.

Miles

With the latest installer enter is ok to install a 2.6 kernel with sata recognition