Re: thinkpad value for money?

At 1155122946 past the epoch, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> The only complaint that I have is the placement of the
> speaker.  I have to use a spoken interface, and if I am
> outside it is sometimes hard to understand what the
> computer is speaking to me, as the speaker is on the
> bottom of the machine... directly on my lap.

Actually that's a good point. On the X40, the speaker is
just about worthless. I think there's only one, its directed
towards the desk or your lap.

This isn't an issue for me personally because I never use
it: I either use the stereo speakers in my docking station,
my desk amplifier or some headphones, but it could be for
others.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/