From: Cary Pembleton [mailto:carywinton@pctechhelp.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:08 PM
To: 'Simo Kauppi'
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Apache2 Manhattan Virtual Classroom

Simo,
Ok I have the default site working for Apache2, I have completed all the
installation instructions for the MVC, I followed every step you gave me and
I receive this error when I try to restart the Apache2;
Apache2: Could not open document config file
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000_mydefault
Also my Apache2 default site does not display, but this was expected since
we removed it. So how will I be able to "test" if Apache is running or
working? I have to admit this is becoming a real pain in my ass! I certainly
think I could have gotten this working with Apache 1.3.33 a long time ago,
but there must be a reason you recommended against using this. If only I
could get Webmin to see Apache 2 instead of Apache 1.3.33 I could configure
all of this quite easily and quickly. Somehow I suspect your going to give
some sort of Linux Purist response to nice cushy web interfaces, yeah yeah,
I have been doing Microsoft stuff too long I guess and forgot how to work
and think at the command line. But hey, I have a family of 5, a wife with
Muscular Dystrophy, 2 special needs children ages 4 and 5 and a teen age
son. I do not have the luxury of time like a lot of people, so who could
blame me for wanting, quick , neat and sweet. :o) So, my good and patient
friend, what do I do now? I really want to be able to host a couple of web
sites off this box. But for now I would be happy to just have one site which
gives a brief explanation of the virtual classroom, the courses available
and the costs, Then a nice link to send the paying customers on their way to
the MVC. Is this too much to ask? I am beginning to think so on Apache 2.
Respectfully,

Cary Pembleton
IT Consultant
PC Tech Help, LLC