Re: cdrecord completion questions

#include <hallo.h>
* Hank The Tank Winky Poo [Wed, Aug 09 2006, 03:01:37PM]:
> Hello all
>
> While we're on cdrecord, at the end of the command
>
> 	sudo cdrecord -v -sao -dev=4,0,0 speed=4 driveropts=audiomaster 	-audio
> *.wav
>
> I get something like...(after the audio tracks have been written)
>
> 	Fixating...
> 	Fixating time: 29.477s
> 	cdrecord: fifo had 10560 puts and 10560 gets.
> 	cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 6916 times full, min fill was 92%
>
> Does the fact that #puts = #gets mean a clean burn with no errors?

It simply means that all data chunks has been passed to the drive, not
more, not less. If the drive works correctly and no other software error
happened, than it means a clean burn.

> Who is fifo? Is it file in/file out?

man cdrecord

"First In First Out", a type of data buffer where data is "moving" into
one direction.

Eduard.
--
Bildung ist das, was übrigbleibt, wenn wir vergessen, was wir gelernt haben.
		-- Edward Frederick Lindley Wood