Re: Reading PDF with Evince in Firefox ?

Magnus Therning wrote:

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 20:53:35 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
Magnus Therning wrote:
Not an answer to your question but you should be able to fine evince
in the GNOME menu. It's filed under Applicaitons->Graphics->Document
Viewer on my system.

I installed bran new etch and have been using it for a few weeks.  I
have evince installed, but I too do not see it under
"Applications->Graphics->Document Viewer".  I do, however see "xpdf"
there.

Hmmm, strange. I assume you have the file
/usr/share/applications/evince.desktop that's the file that gives me the
menu entry.

What's the version of the evince package you have installed?
Are you running stable, testing, or unstable?

/M

I'm running testing (etch) and the version of evince is 0.4.0-2. I do have an evince.desktop file in /usr/share/applications, but it still does not show up. Here's what an 'ls -l' on the desktop file shows:

jose@sweety:/etc/pam.d$ ll /usr/share/applications/evince.desktop
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5.6K 2006-08-07 13:46 /usr/share/applications/evince.desktop

And here are its contents:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Document Viewer
Name[bg]=Преглед на документи
Name[ca]=Visualitzador de documents
GenericName=Document Viewer
GenericName[bg]=Преглед на документи
GenericName[ca]=Visualitzador de documents
Comment=View multipage documents
Comment[bg]=Преглед на документи с много страници
Comment[ca]=Visualitzeu documents multi-pàgina
TryExec=evince
Exec=evince %U
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=postscript-viewer.png
NoDisplay=true
X-GNOME-DocPath=
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=evince
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=General
Categories=GNOME;Application;Graphics;VectorGraphics;Viewer;
MimeType=application/pdf;application/postscript;application/x-gzpostscript;application/x-dvi;image/vnd.djvu;image/tiff

It still just does not show up in the menu. Thanks though.

-Jose